If you are looking into a Dyson upright vacuum cleaner, you may find yourself wondering which Dyson DC65 vacuum is right for you. In this article, we’ll do a comparison of the Dyson DC65 Animal Vs Multi Floor vacuum cleaners.
The Dyson DC65 Animal is now known as the Dyson Ball Animal and the Dyson DC65 Multi Floor is now known as the Dyson Ball Multi Floor Upright Vacuum so as to avoid any confusion. The older model name vacuums are available till they run out of stocks.
Both Dyson vacuum cleaners have the same five year parts and labor warranty but only if you buy through an authorized reseller. This means you need to be careful who you buy it from or there won’t be a valid warranty on it. You can safely buy from Amazon.com
Both vacuums run off the radial root cyclone technology. And they both are more powerful than the Dyson DC41 model. The DC65 vacuums have a cord that isn’t so short that you’ll be rushing to plug it into another outlet to finish cleaning the room, and the hoses are long enough to meet most of your needs. Both vacuums are easy to empty and convenient to store. They weigh about seventeen pounds and have a half gallon dust bin capacity.
Dyson DC65 Animal Vacuum Cleaner
Pros of the Dyson DC65 Animal Vacuum
- While the Dyson D65 looks a lot like the multi-floor, there are differences in their capabilities. The DC65 comes with an extra soft dusting brush and turbine tool designed to be tangle free. Its brush bar drives the bristles deeper into the carpet. The Dyson D65 Animal vacuum’s tangle free turbine tool uses counter-rotating heads to remove pet hair from upholstery and corners.
- The Animal vacuum has stellar air filtration to pull pet hair from the air as well as pick it up off the floor.
- The DC65 animal vacuum has an excellent long reaching telescoping hose with arm that lets you vacuum along the baseboards or under furniture without having to get on your hands and knees.
Cons of the Dyson DC65 Animal Vacuum
- The Dyson DC65 Animal vacuum markets for $649. Find it on sale, you can routinely find it for $585. However, this is still more than 15% the price of the Dyson D65 Multi Floor vacuum cleaner. It is more expensive. The vacuums have the same base model the only difference is the tools and minor configuration changes for handling pet hair.
- A minor drawback of the DC65 models is that they are so new you can’t find a Dyson approved reseller with refurbished ones so you can get these great vacuums at a price that won’t make your wallet scream.
- The Dyson DC65 vacuums have a wider vacuum head than comparable Dyson vacuums. In all the rush to design the head to pick up pet hair, you may end up with crumbs or debris right along the carpet’s border with the baseboard.
- While the upright vacuum is easy to use, the attachments with the flexible hose are harder to use.
Dyson DC65 Multi Floor Vacuum Cleaner
Pros of the Dyson DC65 Multi Floor Vacuum
- The Dyson D65 Multi Floor vacuum sells for $499. Its selling point is its price relative to the Dyson D65 Animal vacuum.
- The multi-floor vacuum routinely gets all of the dirt and debris in a single pass. And even the multi-floor vacuum is good enough to get modest amounts of pet hair.
- It has a self-adjusting cleaner head for the same level of suction on wood floors and carpets. It automatically adjusts its height with the height of the carpet pile. The company not only proved this suction level through product demonstrations but through testing in accordance with ASTM F558. The vacuum’s overall cleaning power was testing per ASTM standards F608 and F2607 as well as IEC 60312-1.
- It transitions well from carpet to tile or hardwood floors.
Cons of the Dyson DC65 Multi Floor Vacuum
- There have been some complaints that the new model isn’t as sturdy as the prior version. This has been a common concern about Dyson’s latest vacuums, where they retain the amazingly innovative cyclone vacuum technology and easy to use features but substitute lower quality materials. This increases the odds the vacuum’s connectors, latches and body will crack or break. The connection points for removing the vacuum and using it to vacuum the upholstery are especially fragile over time.
Dyson DC65 Animal Vs Multi Floor – Which One To Get?
If you don’t need to suck up a lot of animal fur, save the extra money and buy the DC65 Multi Floorl vacuum. If you have a long haired cat or dog, spend the extra money and get the DC65 Animal vacuum after hunting for one on sale.