In this Hoover WindTunnel 3 Pro Pet bagless upright vacuum UH70931PC review, we’ll look at the pros and cons of this model.
Pros of the Hoover WindTunnel 3 Pro Pet Vacuum
- This is one of the cheaper Hoover vacuums, and one of the cheapest good pet vacuums on the market.
- The Pro Pet vacuum has strong suction. The WindTunnel 3 name comes from a design that creates three separate channels of suction to generate a deep clean.
- The Hoover Windtunnel 3 Pro Pet vacuum has a washable HEPA filter, allowing you to extend the filter’s operating life. The filter contains activated carbon for absorbing odors as air passes through it, removing pet smells as well as dander and dirt.
- The Hoover WindTunnel three comes with a set of tools specifically for pet owners like an upholstery tool designed to pick up pet hair off furniture. There is also an extension wand for cleaning drapes or that small space behind the couch the cat likes to hide in. The telescoping extension wand gives you twelve feet of length, letting you clean behind a couch or top shelves without having to climb or move furniture. The vacuum’s attachments are stored in snap on locations on the vacuum, instead of one of those annoying storage bags other companies expect you to keep track of.
- The retractable cord eliminates a trip hazard for both you and your pets. And the cord is so long that you won’t have to unplug it and re-plug it in when vacuuming the same room. The only minor annoyance is that the cord recoil becomes weaker once the cord is extended two thirds of the way or more. If you’ve extended it almost all of the way, you’ll need to use the recoil pedal to help feed it back into the vacuum.
- Because it is bagless, there is no cost or hassle of replacing vacuum bags. There isn’t a big cloud of dust when you empty the dust bin. Even the collected pet hair slides easily into the trash without having to be dug out, as long as it isn’t wet.
- This vacuum has a solid connection between the dust bin and the vacuum’s body. It isn’t going to crack from repeated removals and insertions or sit loosely in the body, rattling as you go about your business.
Cons of the Hoover WindTunnel 3 Pro Pet Vacuum
- This vacuum is about 24 pounds. It requires more force than that to move when the vacuum is on. This can be challenging for someone with limited upper body strength. This vacuum is not self-propelling, making its use more akin to a workout than anything else.
- This vacuum lacks a dusting attachment. You can get dust bunnies in the corners and deep in the upholstery, but this doesn’t eliminate the need for a feather duster.
- Moving from tile to carpet is a manual button selection. The vacuum doesn’t automatically adjust as it transitions between flooring types.
- This vacuum is somewhat loud.
- The WindTunnel 3 Pro Pet does not do well in corners; you have to break out the accessories to clean those.
I wanted to make a few observations that are neither pros nor cons but should be included in this Hoover WindTunnel 3 Pro Pet bagless upright vacuum UH70931PC review.
The unit does require the assembly of the handle when you get it. This requires a screw and the physical dexterity to screw it in. However, this is less assembly than some other Hoover vacuums.
The HooverWindTunnel series has significant variety in performance according to Consumer Reports. For example, the comparably priced WindTunnel T-series Rewind was the second best bagless upright in the 2014 Consumer Reports list. It was also given the CR best buy recommendation. The Hoover Windtunnel pet rewind came in 13th. Yet the WindTunnel Air came in 35th out of 45. The WindTunnel Pet Rewind Plus, supposed to be a better version of the The Windtunnel Pet Rewind actually came in a low 43rd.
Hoover’s overall reputation can lead people to assume that a Hoover WindTunnel is a premium brand, when Hoover manages to have great vacuums and mediocre vacuums in the same name.
The WindTunnel UH70931PC wasn’t reviewed by Consumer Reports as of this writing. However, I would place the vacuum cleaner somewhere near the upper middle portion of the list comparable to the WindTunnel pet rewind that came in 13th. It isn’t as good as the CR best buy, but it is a solid, reliable vacuum by Hoover.
Another note is the vacuum’s single headlight. It is an efficient LED headlight but not particularly bright. Don’t expect it to light your way when you’re cleaning.