If you have been looking for a vacuum cleaner that takes care of the chore of vacuuming for you, then you should read more about the iRobot Roomba 770 vacuum cleaning robot for Pets and allergies. This little machine is a pretty powerful device that can remove as much as 98% of dirt and debris and tough pet hair from a variety of surfaces in your home.
The iRobot Roomba 770 vacuum cleaner is simple to set up out of the box. All you will need to do is remove the unit from the box and set it up together with its charger before you use it for the first time. It is a good idea to set the unit up in an out of the way location under an end table or a couch so that you will not see it when it is inactive and charging. You may think that your home is really clean, but you will be surprised to see how much dirt is collected in the Roomba 770’s dirt cup at the end of a cleaning cycle.
This vacuum is slim and can get into out of the way places under furniture that a person would need to get down on their hands and knees to reach. The Roomba 770 has a variety of features that help to keep your home clean. The dual HEPA air filter does not allow fine dust to re-enter the air in your home. This unit features two virtual walls so that you can prevent the Roomba 770 from going down any stairs or any other area where you do not want it to enter.
Once it is switched on, the Roomba 770 will navigate from room to room in a variety of patterns and will collect the dirt and debris from the floor. Once the dust bin is full, the Roomba 770 will let you know that it needs to be emptied so you do not have to guess. It is best to turn the unit on after you have set up your virtual walls and watch the machine in action to observe any potential obstacles or other problems that may occur when the unit is in operation in your absence.
Pros of the Roomba 770
- Cleans your home when you are not home so you do not have to listen to the noise or do the work yourself. It is done for you when you arrive home.
- Returns to home base to recharge itself once the work is complete or if it senses that it does not have enough charge to complete the task at hand. Talk about a smart Vacuum!
- Runs for about 2 hours on a single charge.
- Is able to transition between floor levels to move easily from carpet to tile or wood and clean all equally well.
Cons of the Roomba 770
- Does not have a physical manual available but you can view it on your computer. This might be problematic if you need an immediate answer, but you could print the manual so that it is available when you need it in the future.
- May frighten pets if they are not introduced to it properly.
- Small dirt transfer line may be visible from unit routinely bumping into walls and leaving dirt behind, but this can be easily rectified by dusting it off the wall.
- Cord of your other electronic equipment and children’s toys, lying on the floor can be a hindrance to the Roomba 770 to move about. But you can remove or move items to clear a path for the unit to clean more thoroughly.