In this Shark Rocket TruePet ultra-light upright HV322 review, we’ll look at the pros and cons of this model. We’ll also include information about the vacuum that may make or break your decision to buy this vacuum.
Pros of the TruePet Vacuum, Model HV322
- This vacuum is a little over $200, a little more expensive than the vacuums that landed in the top slots in Consumer Reports but not as expensive as a Dyson. The TruePet Ultra-Light HV322 and Deluxe Pro HV321 Ultralight vacuums cost the same amount.
- The Shark line of vacuum cleaners has significantly improved its quality over time. Shark vacuums are now the second most reliable vacuum cleaners overall, according to the Consumer Reports 2015 buyer’s guide. Only Kirby vacuums with a 3% repair rate scored better, while Shark vacuums were around 5%. Most lines of vacuums had 7% to 10% repaired in a given year.
- The TruePet is versatile. You can use it to clean your floors, your upholstery and stairs, cars, high reaches as a dusting implement and a lot of other items.
- Because it has a plug, it isn’t going to lose power as the battery runs down or have a mere twenty minutes of life when you up the suction.
- The motorized brushroll has 2 speed settings. The high speed setting is good for getting pet hair out of thick dense carpets, While the low setting would be ideal for bare floors.
- The vacuum’s attachments and accessories are easy on and easy off, snapping on instead of requiring screwing on and off. This is true of the crevice tool, pet hair tool, Hard Floor Genie with microfiber pad and New TruePet Motorized Brush and on-board storage clip.
- The vacuum comes with a fiber duster that you can wash and reuse, letting you clean dirt and smoke residue off the walls.
- The front mounted LED lights improve your ability to see what you’re sucking up.
- This vacuum is 8 pounds, light enough to clean drapes and the ceiling without any heavy lifting.
- Easily switches between floor vacuum and handheld unit with a press of a button.
Cons of the Model HV322 Shark Rocket TruePet
- This vacuum is top heavy. This makes it harder to store, since you can’t just prop it up in the corner of the closet. This also makes it an act of endurance to hold it up for long periods of time cleaning along wall trim, shelves and high areas.
- The vacuum lacks side holders to hold the accessories, only a storage bag that can’t hold all the accessories.
- The pet hair brush does a good job picking up pet hair, but long hair tends to wrap around the brush and block or clog it.
This Shark Rocket TruePet ultra-light upright HV322 review wouldn’t be complete without information that could affect the reader’s decision, but isn’t a specific point in favor or against the vacuum.
While the TruePet has a variety of accessories, the instruction manual doesn’t give you a lot of guidance on how to attach them and use them. The vacuum has some markings to explain where things go, which is better than some manuals that don’t do more than convert the vacuum cleaner commercial into a brochure plus warranty card.
The vacuum doesn’t come completely assembled, but it isn’t hard to assemble.
It is easy to empty the dust canister into the trash. However, the dust canister itself has so many nooks and crannies that it is hard to get all the dust out. This leads to faster formation of dust bunnies and increases the odds of blockage.