Ionized water has helped millions of people across the world live happier, healthier, more energetic lives. With health benefits ranging from disease prevention to antioxidation, the craze that swept Japan and Korea is picking up major steam worldwide. But why? What are the benefits of a water ionizer? And why are so many people swearing off tap water forever? We’ll cover all that and more, and even give you a bit of a chemistry lesson you probably forgot! Let’s get to it….
It’s no secret that tap water isn’t nearly as safe as we believe it is. Sure, the chances of getting sick are slim, but in a world where 63 million Americans are exposed to water that violates health guidelines, you can never be too careful.
Wouldn’t it be great to have fresh, filtered, incredibly delicious water straight out of your tap? And what if that water came with amazing health benefits, too?
Although the scientific community isn’t completely sold on the health claims, there is a great deal of anecdotal and study-based evidence to suggest that alkaline water produced by ionization has life-enhancing benefits.
Here’s how millions around the world have reaped benefits including disease prevention, greater energy and vitality, digestive relief, weight loss, anti-aging and more.
What is a Water Ionizer?
A water ionizer (also known as an alkaline ionizer) is an appliance that utilizes electrolysis to deliver alkaline water by raising the pH of the water that comes from your tap.
OK, now in English…..
Basically, this appliance makes your regular tap water more alkaline (and allegedly healthier) by splitting the water into two parts, acidic and alkaline. Only the latter stream is delivered through your tap and into your glass.
What’s you get is purified, filtered, high-pH water. These appliances were a craze in Japan and other far-eastern countries long before catching like wildfire in the US and Europe. Now they can be found all over the world as people look for ways to avoid unhealthy water.
What is pH and Why Does it Matter?
A quick chemistry lesson….
The pH (potential hydrogen) scale is a measurement of the acidity of a liquid. The scale ranges from 1-14, with lower numbers being more acidic and higher ones more alkaline. Black coffee and lemon juice are on the acidic side (below 7) and baking soda is on the alkaline side (above 7). Water, on the other hand, is a neutral 7.
Alkaline water (the kind produced by your ionizer) is above 7, so it may help balance out the acidity in your body. It also contains large amounts of healthy compounds like calcium and potassium as well as electrons that may provide health benefits.
The Benefits of Alkaline Water
Although the claims are not yet accepted in the mainstream world and have not been evaluated by government authorities, it doesn’t mean that some of them aren’t true. Scientific studies and millions of people around the world can attest to health benefits ranging from greater energy to anti-aging effects. Here are a few benefits of a water ionizer and the alkaline water it dispenses.
- Better Hydration: The electronic process involved in producing the water breaks down groups of molecules into smaller clusters, making them easier for cells to absorb.
- Antioxidants: The abundance of free electrons is a treasure trove of antioxidants for the body that help neutralize free radicals.
- Greater Balance: The body is naturally on the alkaline side, so if it is too acidic you may feel lethargic or even worse. Supplementation of alkaline via ionized water may promote balance in the body. This leads to a number of life-enhancing benefits that people across the world now swear by.
The Benefits of a Water Ionizer
Have you ever felt too tired and lethargic to do anything? Are you often sick and wracked with pain? Does the water that comes from your tap just taste “off” sometimes?
It could either be because your body is too acidic or the water you drink is. A home ionization machine can put an end to that instantly.
- Never Worry About Drinking Water Again: With the recent scandals in Flint and the government showing that public water systems are not nearly as reliable as we had assumed, Americans are spending more money than ever before on bottled water ($8 billion!). With a water ionizer, you’ll never have to worry about water quality AGAIN. Each time you fill up a glass or cook for your family, you can be 100% sure that it’s safe and clean.
- Feel Healthier. Feel Better: Are you always tired? Is each day a struggle? Whether or not the controversial “acidosis” condition exists, what we do know is that hydrating with alkaline water allows you to retain more fluid throughout the day. There’s a reason that athletes are recommended to drink it. With more energy at your cells’ disposal, you’ll feel better and more energetic throughout the day.
- Cut Weight Faster: With healthier water and more energy, you’ll find it easier than ever to actually get up and do that workout you’ve been promising yourself you’d do.
- Supercharge Your Health: Water from an ionizer is rich in minerals that your tap water doesn’t normally have. Calcium, potassium, and magnesium are all vital to human health. Now you’ll have a constant stream of healthy minerals all day, every day
- Feel Younger and Fight off Sickness: Free radicals are particles in your body that damage cells because they don’t have an electron to partner with. They are proven to do damage to cells and DNA, causing faster aging and damage to the immune system. As a rich source of antioxidants, alkaline water from your ionizer helps free radicals partner up with electrons and prevents this damage, causing you to look and feel younger.
- The Best Tasting Water You’ve Ever Had: This is definitely a subjective opinion, but it’s true that tap water (especially well water) always tastes a bit off. Depending on where you are from, your water is most likely too acidic. Even if it isn’t, it still doesn’t go through a purification process. That’s why so many people are buying bottled water now. An ionizer will produce delicious, purified water that is actually delicious to drink. You won’t need any of those sugary drinks anymore (OK, every once in a while is still fine).
Where to Buy Alkaline Water
It’s possible to purchase bottled water in the store that has a high pH; however, most are not high enough. Certain brands go as high as 9 on the pH scale, but most deliver water that’s right in the neutral range. What this means is that the vast majority are no different than drinking water from the tap in terms of balancing your acid levels and providing health benefits.
The best way to get high-pH, alkaline water is to purchase a water ionizer (alkaline ionizer). These machines range from mid-sized contraptions with multiple levels of alkalinity to supercharged space-age miracles that look like they belong in the realm of science fiction. Regardless of how they look, they all give you access to your choice of delicious water. Most even have built-in energy-saving and self-cleaning functions.
The benefits of alkaline water have been experienced by millions around the world even if the scientific community isn’t convinced. But the benefits of a water ionizer are clear! Better, healthier water anytime you need it.